Revisit Acetate Ink Technique

 The holiday decorations are put away (almost all of them!) and I needed six thank you cards so I could write out thank you notes for holiday gifts I received. So I pulled out an older technique--using reinkers and acetate.


So first, pull out those old overhead projector sheets you have in the depths of your desk drawer! Alternatively, if you do not have any, they can be ordered on my website https://www.stampinup.com/products/window-sheets?demoid=2187995 For space purposes, I cut my sheet in half. To one side of one sheet, add drops of color from your favorite reinker bottles. I like to use an odd number and chose three colors.  
Lay the other half of the acetate sheet on top of the sheet you just added ink to. Watch the magic happen! You can drag your finger across the dots to drag the ink into other open areas.

Separate your two acetate sheets and then lay your paper on top. I had some white cardstock cut into 4X5 1/4" rectangles.
Allow your inked cardstock time to thoroughly dry. I added the word "Thanks" to all of mine. I used the new alphabet featured in the mini catalog called Alphabet A La Mode Dies. https://www.stampinup.com/products/alphabet-la-mode-dies?demoid=2187995 Adhere your inked images to cardstock and write those thank you notes!
SaleABration has begun! For every $50 purchased, you receive one free item from the SaleABration catalog. Need catalogs? Let me know and I will get them out to you.

Rummage sale of retired stamp sets, dies and papers.  This week Thursday for current customers and also Friday and Saturday open to the public. Stamp sets $5, with dies $10. Papers are deeply discounted. Please park in the front or side driveway, not on the street. 9240 N Fairway Drive, Bayside, Wisconsin.

  • Thursday - January 12 - 1 - 7 p.m.
  • Friday - January 13 - 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
  • Saturday - January 14 - 11 a.m. -3 p.m.

Happy stamping - hope to see you this weekend!

Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Craft Room?

Five Years with Stampin' Up!

2024 Sale-a-bration! Has Begun!