Craft Room?

When was the last time you took inventory of your craft stuff? Are you like me and enjoy more than one craft? 

We recently moved and downsized. This past month I've come to realize that if you name a craft--I've probably tried it and bet there is something I can contribute to your stash. One find was a stash of hardanger embroidery items that haven't been touched in a long time! Along with cross-stitch, quilting, beading, diamond painting, items for my 19-year-old's baby scrapbook (that hasn't been started), and of course, my first love, cardmaking.

Visualize stuffing a bratwurst into a straw. That is what it is like consolidating it into my new craft room. It is coming along, but not as quickly as I had hoped. I LOVE that I am on the first floor with a couple of windows for natural light. I need to be creative on how this all gets stored.

The beauty of this move is that it allows me to be brutal on what to save, what to store for a future project and what I can donate or let go for my piece of mind. I'll get there--hopefully sooner rather than later. My advice? Take time each month to choose a box to sort through, or reorganize a corner of your craft collection. Take stock--do you need it? Can it be donated? Should you sell it? Don't end up like me caught sorting through 21+ years of bins and boxes. You'll thank me later.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Years with Stampin' Up!

2024 Sale-a-bration! Has Begun!