Use Your Scraps!

 


If you are like me, you save some of your bigger scraps of paper while making cards. I also save my strips of white and ivory papers in case I need to stamp a saying. There is a business size envelope on my craft desk and as I cut down my papers, I tuck the strips inside. Well! My envelope of strips is now overflowing, so I decided to use them as a background. I was inspired by HGTV - the trend of having shiplap decorative walls...so I have shiplap on my card background!



You can glue or tape your strips any direction--let them overlap your base until you are done.  Once you are done, flip the base over so you can see the base and put it in your trimmer to trim the overlap around each of the four edges.

In this example, I used the Fancy Flora stamp set (160844) to add some colorful flowers and leaves with a birthday sentiment. 

https://www.stampinup.com/products/two-tone-flora-photopolymer-stamp-set?demoid=2187995

Come join me for a Fancy Flora class this weekend! We will create three cards using the Fancy Flora stamp set and I will have a few extra examples of other ways you can use this stamp set.

  • Friday, January 20 - 1 - 3 p.m.
  • Saturday, January 21 - 10 a.m. until Noon
Drop me an email if you'd like to attend or sign up on my website under Events. Hope to stamp with you soon! https://suzannestamps.stampinup.net

Suzanne


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Craft Room?

Five Years with Stampin' Up!

2024 Sale-a-bration! Has Begun!